Hot food to sit down and enjoy
The Refectory is situated a bit further down from the main hall. It has three doors, and if you are buying food here you must enter through door 3 (past the stairs). There will be two aisles to queue along the far wall, and you can check which queue you need to join by looking at the notice board to see what you want to buy.
The kind of food you can expect to find in the Refectory is:
- Main meals such as roast dinner, cottage pie, lasagne – the meals for the day will be displayed on a notice board or on the television screens.
- A daily potato choice, such as jacket potato/herby potatoes/chips.
- Fresh vegetables and vegetarian dish of the day.
- Pasta bake.
- Hot desserts.
- Jacket potato bar with fillings and salad bar.
- Cold desserts such as jelly/yoghurt/cheesecake.
You can use door 2 (middle door) if you want to check your card balance, use the vending machine or find a seat to eat your packed lunch.
Door 1 is an exit only, and you must make sure that you have cleared away your trays etc. and put rubbish away before you leave. You are not allowed to take out of the refectory any food that you have bought.